Monday, September 17, 2012

Happiness

This experience has taught me a lot about finding happiness. 
  • Happiness is always a choice, no matter how bad it feels like it is.
  • Happiness doesn't depend on what's going on in your life, but how you SEE what's going on in your life.
  • Happiness mostly comes from peace inside, and from your family.
I don't think I ever stopped before in my life to realize how blessed we are.  It's so easy to be selfish, and think about what I don't have, instead of what I do.  But we have a lot.  I can get REALLY caught up in hard things...in my own life.  But the truth is that we really have it pretty good.  And today, I just want to be thankful.
Thanks for listening to my ramblings today.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for this reminder. It seems to be one of the lessons I need to relearn the most! And thanks for the phone call the other day--it was so great talking with you! I wish I could be there to hear him say "awesome!" I'm sure it's adorable.

Belkycita said...

Thank you Amy!
I needed to remember this today more than I can explain, thank you for sharing.

Linda said...

Your words are true. And we all need to be reminded of this. Often. I love you!