Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rain, rain, go away

So, I still feel that this break from the cast will be a good thing...but can I just say here and now, ENOUGH OF THE BAD NEWS FOLKS!
I won't go into all of it here, because I'm trying really hard to have a positive attitude, and have faith, and to let it all go, because in the end, it won't matter what diagnosis he was given.  It will matter that we were positive, relied on the Lord, and worked toward that end goal of a straight back. 
Okay, now that I've roused your curiosity, suffice it to say that we were told that he really needs to gain weight and muscle tone.  Not really a surprise there, really.  I'm just having a hard time with it because even though I knew that was the case, it's different to have a doctor/physical therapist spell it out for you, and make it seem like an emergency.  Because "we only have four weeks to work on all of that!"
Well, the timing is NOT in my hands, or anyone else's here on earth.  We just need to do the best we can with the time that we have, and trust in Heavenly Father that THAT time is all Russell needs.  I just have to remind myself, over and over,  that it will all work out.  And that it will work out for everyone's good.  Because I LIKE to panic.  I'm REALLY really good at it.  It's just making me fall apart, and stress, and be really tired.  But in the end, I know it will all work out.  All you doctors, just wait and see.

3 comments:

Belkycita said...

oH Amy,
I hope you can feel a hug from me!
I know you know it will be ok, and it is ok to vent for a little, then you can inhale and be super woman again :-)

Do they make those Ensure shakes for kids?
Once Elena taste one and loved it, I think they are crazy sweet, but it mihgt help put weight on that body.
Do they know your kids are tiny though, I mean, what about Tyler? and Dave? and the rest of the K that can't really put weight on?

Feed him butter and ice cream :-)

Linda said...

Don't you wish someone would tell YOU to put on weight? I do - I'd follow Belky's advice and eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

That sweet little boy looked mighty good to us this weekend. We're staying opimistic and focused with you. love you!

Cheryl said...

I'm sending hugs with Belky. Thanks for sharing your faith here. We pray for him (and you) night and day.