Thursday, July 26, 2012

Feeling settled

I haven't posted in a couple of days, because I haven't known what to write.  As in, I haven't known what to complain about.
And even though this is typically where I go to complain, I really don't have anything to complain about.  We're doing really well.  R is adapting more to the cast, and we have settled in to our new normal in this phase of life. 
I just feed him practically all day, which is made easier with those snack containers you can get at Walmart, where he can stick his hand in and pull out some food, yet it doesn't spill easily.  So I just give him one of those and leave a sippy cup of water out where he can reach it, and he wanders all over the house able to eat and drink and play.  And we still do mealtime too, and it amazes me that he eats then too, most of the time.
The screaming has gotten better.  He still does it alot, but it's better.  I'm not as embarrassed as I used to be about it, because I tell myself that when people see him and his cast, they realize he has something to scream about. :) I don't know if that's really what they are thinking, but it gives me a more positive outlook on those around me.  
He's been sleepy REALLY well this week, which also helps reduce the screaming.  I was really amazed when he slept for  3 hours yesterday, when I had 7 other children in my house (3 of whom were mine) making all kinds of racket.  But it was so nice to only deal with the other 7 without him too, especially when the 9 month old slept for the last hour too. 
So, I guess what it boils down to, is that when your kid is eating and sleeping ok, then everything else settles down too.   And life feels pretty good this week.  So I'm just enjoying it.

No comments: