Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Casting date

Shriner's hospital called me yesterday to tell me that they want to reschedule Russell's 4th casting date for Feb 21.  That's right-4 days before his EMG at Primary Children's hospital.  I talked to the anesthesiologist, and she said that he'd be fine to have two procedures that require anesthesia that close together.  This has me cheering Yea! Only ONE trip to Utah in February, and NO trips down there this month.  We've gone down there every month since last February, I think.  It's so nice to have that extra time at home.   Yea  yea yea!  I know I shouldn't complain about going down there-we have a LOT of family down there that we get to see everytime, and they help us out SO much.  I wouldn't change that for the world.  So many people don't live as close as we do to both family, and the medical help we need, and I'm truly grateful that we do live so close. 
But I don't enjoy traveling, and I enjoy packing even less.  So I'll take this month off of that drive (and the packing!), and just enjoy being home as a family.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I'm with you on the packing thing. Ugh. I'm glad you get a break! (the "prove- you're- not- a- robot" thing is "megioni"... cool!) :D