Tuesday, January 22, 2013

things are looking better

Russell is doing better.  No fever, no throwing up for almost two days now, and the breathing is much better too.  Now we just have to help him regain the weight lost and his strength.  He's just weak after being so sick.  Of course, we are not getting a new cast next week anymore.  We'll give him some more time to recuperate.  We're also going to quarantine our family a bit.  The dr says his immune system is really weak, due to all the stuff he's going through, and the myopathy may just make him weaker still, and that we need to keep him away from large groups of people.  So we're still sending Tyler and Emalyn to school, and Krysta to preschool, but Russell will not be going anywhere (thank goodness Tyler is such a great babysitter!!!) other than sacrament meeting.  So I'm not helping out at the school anymore and I'm doing my best to cut out some of our activities, just until flu season is over.  Then I think we can resume normal life.  I'm not going to be frantic about this, I'm just going to cut out what we can and not worry about what we can't.
Thank you all for your support.  I think it's amazing how we can reach out to eachother through social media, and feel so much love in return.  This would be so much harder without everyone who reads and responds, both here and in email or phone. 

2 comments:

Belkycita said...

oh Wow!
You know what was the first thing I thought about as I was reading your post?
"Lucky Amy gets to stay home and recover until she has to"
I've been feeling like life is so hectic and that I need a time out.
I've been sick since we left UT and I don't know when it's going to stop.

I hope that this time that you spend home, not only you will nourish your sweet baby boy, bring him back to a healthy state. But that you also, let the quiet promptings of the Spirit fill your home, your family and yourself.
Love you!

Meg said...

I'm with Belky- and I feel awful that I haven't kept up with this blog until now!

Good luck keeping all the kids home and not getting cabin fever. Our lesson in RS today was on Pres. Uchtdorf's talk "Regrets and Resolutions". I think you'll love reading it because he'll tell you how awesome it is that you get this opportunity to tune out all the "fluff" of life and really focus on your family.

I love you and we are praying for you!