Saturday, January 19, 2013

sick...

Russell is very sick.  Yesterday, we took him to the dr and found out he has influenza.  Today, we grew concerned that he wasn't breathing well and took him in again, and he tested positive for strep.  He's been throwing up, and has a temperature, and keeps choking on everything except drinks.  I'm sure the muscle weakness in his throat, plus all the swelling due to both illnesses is causing the choking.  Please keep him in your prayers.  I'm confident that he will be ok, and that now that he's on a steroid (to soothe his swollen tonsils and help him eat and breathe better), tamiflu, and an antibiotic, he will get better.  I'm concerned also because he has been losing weight and now is unable to eat much and not keeping it down.  I think his immune system is weaker due to all the casting and the myopathy.  Thank you for your support and your prayers.  I'm sure he'll get past all this, but oh man would I like to be on that side of it now! Ah well, we all go through these things, don't we?  I'm so grateful for the blessing of prayer.  You are all such a great support to us.

6 comments:

Lisa Carlson said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry he's sick. It's never fun to have a sick little one, but with the added worry of his challenges, that's so hard. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

Amy said...

Thanks Lisa-Yea, this time of year is bad for getting sick. I'm sure he'll get better soon. He doesn't have a fever anymore, and he's eating nonstop today. His throat is able to handle a lot more, because of the steroid, I'm sure. Thanks for the prayers-I'm sure that's why he's doing so much better just one day later!

Plant Girl said...

Yuck! So sorry that he was so sick and had you worried. Glad that he's starting to turn around and do better.

Kate had influenza last week too, and Ally spiked a fever on Saturday but tested negative for it.

This cold/flu season has been really tough around here. I'm ready for it to be done.

Cheryl said...

Yuck! I'm so sorry! I wish I was there, yet again. We pray for you guys day and night always, so we'll keep it up! Love you all!

Linda said...

Good to talk with you Sunday; how's he doing now? We are praying for all of you.

Amy said...

Cheryl: Wish you were here too! Thanks for the prayers.
Mom: Much better-I enjoyed talking to you too!