Thursday, July 19, 2012

aches, bikes, and cuddles



So I finally went to a neurologist for my headaches. I was told I have "normal everyday headaches" (ummm...no duh...good thing I went in...) and "cluster migraines". So I tried a new treatment for the migraines. And I won't go into any details about what it was, except to say that I couldn't close my left eye for a couple of hours. I never knew before just how ANNOYING that could be. I now feel I understand something about my brother Dave that I never did before. He has alot more of my sympathy. I also have more pain in my jaw and the back of my neck than before I went in. I'm not giving up on this treatment yet...maybe it's just slow to really start working and this is something I have to go through before it really starts working. Not sure if I'm happy that I've started going to see doctors again....didn't work out so well for me last time.

The kids and I went on a bike ride today. Well, they rode bikes, and I followed pushing Russell in the stroller. They're doing so great. It's still just a miracle to me how quickly they learned. And it's really hard to get them off of their bikes...ever. I'm loving it.

Russell and I love snuggling. I love love love my "squishy" baby, to quote my s-i-l Heidi. He seems to have missed the snuggling as much as I did, because he melts into me too, giving me lots of hugs and cuddles. Aaaahhh, so wonderful to have this surprising time, right in the middle of what was supposed to be straight casting.

Shriner's called today to schedule Russell's next casting date. Still not sure when it will be, because of some scheduling conflicts, but I have mixed emotions about this. Relieved that we're continuing his treatment, but sad that this time has to end.

No comments: