Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday, May 24, 2012


End of cast #1...

In anticipation of getting cast #2 on Tuesday, Scott and I cut off Russell's cast on Sunday. We watched some Youtube videos and decided we were ready to go. At first we tried wire cutters, which definitely cut through the first 3/4 of the cast, but it was a really bad idea. The friction made the saw get crazy hot, burned my hand, and almost got Russell too. And then it broke. Bad saw, bad saw! So then we switched to wire cutters, which worked beautifully!

Boy was he a happy boy when that cast came off!!!


He tried to lift his cast, but he couldn't. Scott and I were amazed once again at how heavy it was!

Very, very happy boy!
(And happy Daddy too!)

6 comments:

Meg said...
I love his smile!
Cheryl said...
He looks so sweet and happy, it makes me want to cry! In a good way. (c:
Linda said...
I look at those photos and I can feel the relief! WOW - you are all troopers! Congratulations, you all survived with great attitudes!
Amy said...
Meg, Cheryl, Mom-Thanks! I love to read your comments on my blog. I need the support that you guys are to me through these comments.
Christy said...
It is amazing how much he looks like Krysta to me!! He is so darned cute, and it is so sweet to see his happiness!!!
Amy said...
Christy - thanks! I think all my kids look alike at that age too!

No comments: