Thursday, July 19, 2012

Monday, April 23, 2012


Stages

Sometimes life hits you in stages. I think this cast has made us go through some so far. I'm not sure why, but I really didn't expect this casting to be so hard on me emotionally. It's been rough for Scott too. It just still feels so overwhelming. I'm not really angry anymore. That was a tough one to get through, and I wonder if I've really seen the last of it...but I'm not angry lately. It used to be hard to look at him in his cast...because it just made me so sad and angry. Now, I just feel sad. And blessed. And sad. I think you probably all understand this...it seems like when you're the one going through it, your head can get stuck in the sand. It's hard to see the way out, or the end of it all. But when you're not going through it, it's easier to have that empathy, and see the way out for whoever is going through it. So I think my head's a little stuck in the sand today. And I think that's ok. Time will pass, my prayers will be answered, and my understanding of it all will increase.

2 comments:

Meg said...
Sometimes it's hard to even really recognize that things will get better- but you do! You're amazing.
I love you!
Linda said...
Once again, I'm extremely grateful that you are recording these experiences as you go through them. I think about different times when I have gone through stages of adjustment and I wish I'd recorded my thoughts and feelings.

No comments: