Thursday, July 19, 2012

Monday, May 7, 2012


Innovative

At church this week, we brought stuff for the kids to color with (i.e. crayons, coloring books, etc). Russell really wanted to color, but since he can't bend at the waist and he has short arms, it's very difficult for him to reach down and color a paper on the floor. All the chairs were taken (it was crowded!), so he couldn't color on a chair.

He tried laying flat on his tummy, but again the cast makes it hard for him to hold his head up or to put his arms out in front of him to hold himself up.

Scott and I were watching him, feeling bad for him because he was getting frustrated with this, and wondering what we could do to help him, when I started feeling a tickling on my legs.

I glanced down and he was coloring on my legs. I was wearing a knee length skirt and white nylons, and I didn't think crayons worked on nylons, so I didn't worry about it.

However, I started doubting this thought when he kept coloring, and was no longer frustrated. I looked closer.

Crayons do indeed work on nylons. LOL.

No comments: