Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sunday, April 22, 2012


Nursery!

Today was Russell's first day in nursery. Scott and I had decided beforehand that we would stay with him the whole time for a few weeks, just to make sure everything would go ok. It went pretty well. The leaders there are great. Sometimes I think I stress about things more than I need to.

Emalyn, Krysta, and I also looked at some dollhouse furniture how-to books together. That was a lot of fun. We've got some good projects planned. This week, we're going to make some beds for their dollhouse out of sponges, pins, beads, and fabric pieces. This one book, in particular, is awesome because it tells you how to make dollhouse furniture out of things you already have around your house. And the projects are pretty easy. I'm excited to be doing this with my girls!!

Lastly, I'm getting pretty good at making food without any oven. I haven't had an oven for about two weeks now, and I've made dinner every night using either a crock-pot, toaster oven, microwave, and/or the grill outside. I had thought it would be really hard to cook everyday without a stove or an oven, but it's easier than I thought it would be. It just takes a lot of planning. And then yesterday, my wonderful husband, figured out how to disconnect the oven from the stove, since the stove still works. So last night, I was able to use the stove again. I was soooo happy, you'd of thought he'd worked a miracle. It's all about perspective, isn't it.

1 comment:

Linda said...
I remember making dollhouse furniture with my mom one year, after Christmas. We had such a good time. I was probably close to Eamalyn's age, and my memories are filled with fun and love, so I imagine your girls will remember this project too.

I heard someone in one of our recent church meetings say something like: "You always have a choice. Even if you don't get to choose what you do, you can choose your attitude." It sounds like you've chosen to have an optimistic attitude and look at this oven-less experience as an adventure. Thanks for your example, which I hope I remember and follow. :)

No comments: