Thursday, July 19, 2012

Saturday, April 7, 2012


Day 13

Russell is getting braver every day. He takes a few steps unassisted each day. Most of the time he still holds on to furniture and my legs, and chairs, etc, to walk, or he walks on his knees, but he's getting a bit braver.
Did I mention that one perk we got was to get a handicap decal to hang from our rearview mirror? My sister-in-law, Heidi's, daughter is in a cast too (a spica cast for hip dysplasia) and she was nice enough to call us and tell us that we qualified for one. It was pretty easy to get too. It's nice to be able to park closely, especially since Russell is so heavy. And it's nice when it's raining, because the cast can't get wet.
Today, I got to go to a baptism with Emalyn and Krysta. One of Emalyn's friends was being baptized and both Emalyn and Krysta love her. Her mom is one of my friends too, so it was nice to be there and share that special experience. I love how excited Emalyn is to get baptized this year. We had a nice discussion about it and she says she most excited that both her grandma's will be coming to it. Sweet girl. I am glad that I get to share these special experiences with my children. To watch their testimonies grow is very dear to my heart.
It was a good day today.

No comments: