Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday, April 12, 2012


18

My biggest news today is that our oven finally died. It's been "sick" for a few months now. The top element hasn't worked for a while. We even replaced it, only to realize that was not the problem. Then, today, I was cooking something in it, when suddenly, I could smell something burning. The BROILER was on, and yet the oven said it was at 350 degrees. So I turned it off. My peach crisp was only slightly crisper than I like it to be. Scott came home from work, and about 15 min later, we could smell something off. The Broiler was still on!! Even though the dial was clearly on OFF. So we flipped the breaker switch. So that's how the oven died, since the part we would need to fix it is no longer made. Except that if you think about it being ON when we switched it off, and think about the movie Short Circuit....well, maybe it was alive and I have now "disassembled" it. Now I feel bad...

On a completely different note...I have learned again today that I have the BEST sisters, sisters-in-law, and moms. Thank you for all your kind words and encouragement, both in comments here and emails to me. I'm doing better today. Closer to acceptance of this reality...and that means less anger. Not saying that I'm feeling all better, just that today was better than yesterday. Yay. I don't know how I got to be so lucky to have all of you in my family. I love my family!

3 comments:

Linda said...
I am still chuckling over the reference to Short Circuit! I wonder where to find the cemetery for disassembled electronics... :) You've got me wondering if our oven and yours are related. I'm glad nothing worse happened and I hope you and Scott had a good laugh over it. And I hope you get a wonderful oven to replace it - one that makes and bakes dinner for you!
Belkycita said...
LOl! you're too funny.
It sounds like an oven from KAUST,well, I hope you get one like mom suggested :-)

So, are we allowed to "autograph" his cast?
Amy said...
Yes! Anyone can autograph it.

No comments: